School Safeguarding team
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Ms Nagar (Head Teacher)
Deputy DSLs: Mrs Ahmed (Assistant Headteacher) & Mrs Young (SENCo)
Designated Governor for Child Protection: Mrs Munday
Northfleet Nursery recognises the importance and our duty to Safeguard and promote the Welfare of Children. The school's policy applies to the whole of the school's workforce, along with volunteers, governors and any contractors working on the school site. In particular Staff recruitment and selection - ensuring that all staff (volunteers etc.) have been appropriately checked for their suitability, using the Safe Recruitment procedures. In addition:
- Raising awareness of safeguarding issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Developing and implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Supporting pupils who have been abused, in accordance with an agreed, child-centred plan.
- Establishing a safe and nurturing environment free from discrimination or bullying, where children can learn and develop happily.
We recognise that because of their day-to-day contact with children, school staff are ideally placed to observe the outward signs of abuse. Staff in schools will therefore:
- Report any inappropriate behaviour / activities to designated staff.
- Establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Ensure that children know that they can approach any adult in school if they are worried and they will receive a consistent, supportive response.
WORRIED ABOUT YOURSELF, A FRIEND OR A CHILD OR YOUNG PERSON YOU KNOW? PLEASE CONTACT:
Kent County Council Central Duty: 03000 41 11 11
In the case of an emergency please dial 999
A key part of the government's counter-terrorism strategy is called 'Prevent'. The aim is to prevent radicalisation of any individual, and to positively promote what it means to be British, in order to create a cohesive society that lives out British values, whatever the origins or ethnicity of individuals.
How do we do our part in both preventing radicalisation, and promoting British Values?
- We take great pride in developing our children's Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural development.
- We ensure that our safeguarding practices are kept up-to-date, and our policy and training covers the different aspects of the 'Prevent Strategy'.
- We teach about different religions.
- We challenge and act strongly on any form of racism or prejudice, either by adults or children.
- We provide strong emotional and pastoral support.